A holiday in Caloundra on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast doesn’t just offer gorgeous weather all year round but it boasts 6 sun-soaked, golden sandy beaches. Each beach is unique in its own way and offers something for every type of water enthusiast and are family-friendly with great facilities.
Here is a selection of 6 beaches of Caloundra:
- Golden Beach faces east with calm water on the Pumicestone Passage and is ideal for safe swimming, windsurfing, boating, canoeing and fishing.
- Bulcock Beach, the closest beach to the Town Centre, is a southern facing calm water beach ideal for swimming, fishing, boating and windsurfing, and with breath taking views across to Golden Beach, Bribie Island, the bar, and out to sea.
- Kings Beach, Caloundra’s most popular surf beach, is connected to Bulcock Beach by a boardwalk skirting the headland. Great for swimming, surfing, fishing, snorkelling and exploring the rock pools.
- Shelly Beach, a small secluded picturesque beach, is great for walking, exploring rock pools and picnics.
- Moffat Beach is a spectacular section of coastline with a high headland, protected bay, the entrance to Tooway Creek and sweeping views north to Point Cartwright. The beach is renowned amongst surfers for its excellent point break.
- Dicky Beach, Portobello’s home beach, is great for swimming, surfing and beach fishing, and is patrolled by the Dicky Beach Surf Lifesaving Club. You will also find the skeleton of the wreck of the S.S. Dicky here in the parklands.
With sea water temperatures of 26 degrees in summer and 21 degrees in the winter months, you can swim and play everyday here at Caloundra Beaches!
Book your Sunshine Coast/Caloundra Beach Holiday with us here today at Portobello By The Sea BOOK NOW