There’s plenty of summer activities awaiting you on the Sunshine Coast’s most southerly holiday resort town of Caloundra. Not only are there six beautiful beaches to explore, but there are many other great “summery” things to do in and around Caloundra.
Here’s the top 10 summer activities in Caloundra:
- Take a Dip at the King of Beaches – With an oceanfront saltwater swimming pool, a gentle beach break, and a water park with timed fountains, Kings Beach is a totally awesome place for summer fun.
- Browse the Markets at Caloundra Street Fair – (Sundays 8 am to 1 pm) is held under the canopy of the tree-lined main street, surrounded by cafés, boutiques and speciality shops. There are more than 200 stalls to explore, featuring handcrafted goods, arts and crafts, as well as delicious food and fresh flowers.
- Hike or bike Caloundra Coastal Pathway – Take on the entire 25 km stretch that starts from Golden Beach in the south, or enjoy strolling along sections of the walk at a leisurely pace.
- Jet Ski around Pumicestone Passage – Hop aboard a Caloundra Jet Ski. Ride through tranquil mangrove-lined waterways into a marine park green zone, home to dolphins, dugongs, turtles and more than 360 species of birds.
- Explore Currumundi Lake Trails – There is an abundance of picturesque walking tracks surrounding the lake, so get out and tackle one of the many bush-beach trails that lead down to the lake’s cool waters.
- Eat Fish & Chips at Bulcock Beach – Order your fish & chips from Sandbar Kiosk and take your fare across the road to devour at one of the many picnic tables overlooking Bulcock Beach
- Take a Relaxing Cruise – Discover the spectacular beauty of Caloundra’s pristine waterways of the Pumicestone Passage and marine environment on a Caloundra Cruise tour.
- Take a Mountain Bike for a spin – The Sugar Bag Road Bike Trail, located in the Caloundra Town Reserve, has a range of tracks for everyone from novices to experienced riders, featuring more than 12 km of rideable adventures.
- SUP and Kayak Adventures – Caloundra’s calm waterways lend themselves to all kinds of aquatic exploration and you’ll often see SUPs and kayakers gliding across Pumicestone Passage, Currimundi Lake or Tooway Creek.
- Zip around on a Caloundra Jet Boat – Feel the adrenalin rush of a Jet Boat ride for an epic 40 km adventure along Pumicestone Passage that includes pristine wilderness, two marine national park green zones, and the historical “Lighthouse Reach” on Bribie Island.
Book your next Sunshine Coast Holiday in Caloundra, where there is plenty of things to do and see to keep you entertained all summer long. Portobello By The Sea is located opposite beautiful Dicky Beach, an unspoilt stretch of sun-drenched white sand, in Caloundra. BOOK NOW