Food lovers will find the Sunshine Coast is a veritable smorgasbord of fresh produce, gourmet foods, farm gate fare and seafood straight from the ocean. You can discover the local produce treasures of the Sunshine Coast on a foodie tour, by either designing your own itinerary or by booking a gourmet food tour with one of the local tour companies. Here is a food lovers guide to the Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast Food Trail
Create your own food tour by using the Sunshine Coast Food Trail easy mapping tool. The Food Trail mobile site shows visitors where to go to explore the way food goes from paddock to plate with a full rundown of venues such as wineries, restaurants, farms and markets.
For example, you can select Caloundra to Kawana as the region you wish to cover, then choose your interest, such as farm gates, food tourist attractions, farmers markets or cooking schools, and the app will create a list of what’s available in the region.
Pick Your Own Strawberries
Strawberry Fields at Palmview, just off the Bruce Highway, is the perfect place to pick your own sweet and delicious strawberries fresh from the fields or try their yummy strawberry treats including homemade strawberry ice cream and sumptuous pancakes with fresh strawberries.
Sunshine Coast Food Tours
1. Mystic Mountain Tours takes you on a comfortable bus tour featuring spectacular sights along the way, warm hospitality and Sunshine Coast delicious cuisine. Food tours include:
- Maleny & Montville Gourmet Tour
- Country Picnic Tour
- Hidden Food Unearthed
2. Or take a look at Tastes of the Sunshine Coast day tour every Tuesday with Sunair Bus Service with visits to the Ginger Factory, Nutworks, Pioneer Coffee, Maleny Cheese and Maleny Mountain Winery.
3. Live It Tours is the only tour company that takes you behind the scenes like never before to uncover the Sunshine Coast’s unique lifestyle, culture and fresh seasonal produce.
Sunshine Coast Farmers Markets
A definite must do is a trip to one of the Sunshine Coast’s fantastic local farmers markets, where you can pick up the freshest seasonal produce to create your own sumptuous meal.
Check out markets locally at:
- Caloundra Country & Farmers Markets, Currimundi
- Caloundra Street Fair
- Kawana Waters Farmers Market
- Landsborough Markets, Landsborough
- Sunshine Coast Turf Club, Caloundra
- Wamuran Country Markets, Wamuran
- Woodford Country Markets, Woodford
- Big Pineapple Markets, Maroochydore
Pick up your fresh produce and bring it back to your fully equipped kitchen in your holiday apartment at Portobello By The Sea and cook up a storm. Located at Caloundra’s Dicky Beach and adjacent to local shops and restaurants (cafe, supermarket, takeaways, butcher, bakery). We have it all covered to make your holiday a relaxing and enjoyable experience. BOOK NOW