A holiday in Caloundra on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast can be much more than manmade attractions and theme parks. There are many natural wonders to explore in this scenically abundant region. Here are Caloundra’s Top Ten Natural Attractions:
- Caloundra has six perfect, pristine and golden sandy beaches to explore: Golden Beach, Bulcock Beach, Kings Beach, Shelly Beach, Moffat Beach and Dicky Beach.
- Discover Pumicestone Passage, the narrow channel between Caloundra in the north to Deception Bay in the south, that is rich in wildlife and natural beauty, and one of the world’s most ecologically important waterways.
- Wonder at the glorious sight of the Glass House Mountains, consisting of 11 gorgeous peaks that are a natural playground loaded with walking tracks and epic lookouts.
- Get out on the calm waters or throw a line into Currumundi Lake, just north of Caloundra. Hire kayaks and stand up paddle boards from the surf shop situated at Currumundi Beach front.
- Embark on an environmental tour on a LARC amphibious vehicle with LARC About Caloundra.
- Take a walk along the Caloundra Oceanway taking in the beauty of the six beaches and see if you can spot some marine life in the pristine waters.
- Paddle around on an Eco Kayak Tour with Blue Water Kayak Tours and enjoy a leisurely guided kayak tour of the Pumicestone Passage and Queensland’s Moreton Bay Marine Park
- Jump on a Whale Watching Cruise to see whales up close and personal in their natural environment. The whale season in Queensland runs from June to November annually.
- Take a drive to Ewen Maddock Dam near Landsborough. Popular activities in the park area including walking, cycling, boating, swimming and picnicking.
- Take a stroll along the Costigan Mangrove Boardwalk at Golden Beach foreshore. There are seats and lookouts and signposts along the boardwalk providing educational information about the local mangrove habitat.
For nature lovers and adventurers, the Sunshine Coast town of Caloundra is the perfect place to base yourself for your next Sunshine Coast Holiday. Portobello By The Sea is located opposite beautiful Dicky Beach, an unspoilt stretch of sun-drenched white sand, on Queensland’s magnificent Sunshine Coast. Relax in one of the spacious one, two or three bedroom apartments set amongst lush tropical gardens. BOOK NOW